The Modern Workplace: Streamlined and Strategic Business Technology
As IT professionals, we try to help business leaders keep a finger on the pulse of the latest innovations in business IT. As technology continues to optimise the business space, many organisations are hoping to make their offices “modern workplaces”. However, we get the same question from professionals all the time: what exactly is the modern workplace?
Even though the modern workplace is all the rage right now, there are still a lot of misconceptions about what the modern workplace is all about. When people hear ‘modern workplace’ they usually think of a funky downtown office, with cool furniture, all-day music, gourmet coffees and all the best free snacks you could imagine. However, in the IT world, the modern workplace is not at all about an address in a trendy city district. For IT professionals, the modern workplace is all about driving optimisation and business growth with strategic technologies.
Defining the Modern Workplace: Strategic Planning Meets Innovative IT Solutions
The first part of the modern workplace is all about finding the right IT solutions. Ask anyone in our industry and they’ll tell you that the modern workplace is founded on innovative Cloud computing platforms like Microsoft Office 365 and Google’s G-Suite. These reliable and forward-thinking platforms are definitely great examples of modern workplace components.
However, the modern workplace is about more than just opting for Cloud technology or finding the right platform. The truth is, the modern workplace is all about harnessing tech solutions like Office 365 and G-Suite in a way that helps cut ties to traditional IT systems altogether and take advantage of powerful cloud technologies to optimise operations. This means making use of strategic technologies in a way that increases flexibility and drives productive power.
One last thing, and it’s the million-dollar question you probably want the answer to: what are the specific business benefits of modernising your workplace? The fact of the matter is, like any other investment, the modern workplace is only worth investing in if it’s fundamentally changing the way you get work done. The whole idea of tearing yourself away from traditional IT systems and outdated tech solutions is that you’ll experience the tangible benefits of streamlining modern technologies. Wondering what those benefits should look like? We’ve got you covered.
Business Benefits: The Case for Modernising Your Workplace
Overall, the business benefit of modernising your workplace is all about streamlining the way your team works and collaborates. With the right technologies in place, your team will be ready to work more efficiently and dynamically than ever before. This means business moves more smoothly, less time is spent on tedious technical difficulties, and your team can stay focused on business growth. Keep reading to learn about some of the key ways a modern workplace could be a game-changer for your organisation.
Streamlined Access To Resources
Perhaps the best part about the modern workplace is that it offers streamlined access to business resources for you and your team. Harnessing Cloud solutions properly will allow you to centralise company data and ensure secure access for your team whenever they need it. This also means that work can get done around the clock – anytime, anywhere, and from any device.
You and your team members can access important files and business applications not only in the office, but from home, on the road, and even on vacation. Whether you’re at your desktop, on your laptop, or just checking in from a tablet or smartphone, the modern workplace is all about having an on-the-go, accessible and secure virtual headquarters. This way, business is always within reach.
Another major benefit of the modern workplace is that channels of communication are improved and optimised. Since your teammates always have access to business resources, they’ll be better positioned to stay in close contact with each other and with clients. Cloud-based technologies allow you to stay in touch via a wide range of email, chat, and video and audio conferencing capabilities.
Need approval from a team member before moving forward on a project? Want to reach out to a client with an important question? Looking to verify order details with an important vendor? The beauty of the modern workplace is that your team, your customers, and your vendors are able to stay in touch seamlessly, and business opportunities are never missed.
When it comes to teamwork and brainstorming, the modern workplace is designed for optimal collaboration. With the right strategic technologies in places, your team members will be able to easily share ideas and spark inspiration – anytime, anywhere.
Are teammates constantly sending documents and spreadsheets back and forth to get jobs completed? Is working on proposals and projects a long and drawn out process because team collaboration is an uphill battle? Modern workplace technologies put the power of collaborative work back in the hands of your hardworking team.
Ready to Modernise? Here’s How to Get it Done
We talk to professionals all the time who are downright tired of settling for their clunky, out-of-date business technologies. They feel like they’re constantly up against their own IT systems, trying to get ahead in terms of productivity and growth but never quite getting there. Sound familiar? This is where the modern workplace comes in.
Even better? Modernising your workplace doesn’t have to be a mind numbing process. In fact, most professional leaders know that harnessing modern business technology is well within their grasp. The key is coming up with a plan for making it happen. We can help with that.
5 simple tips and tricks for creating a modern workplace:
- Map out the way your team works – Create a roadmap of your ideal operational flow. Consult your team on their most efficient ways of working together. Understanding how your team works will help you determine which modern technologies are best suited to optimise organisational workflow.
- Do your research – Once you know the kind of applications and solutions you’d most benefit from, start looking at your options. Get to know what’s on the market and be sure to read user reviews. Go with your gut as you narrow down different options and don’t hesitate to ask other professionals in your industry what they’re using.
- Get professional consultation – The best thing you can do as you work to modernise your workplace with strategic technology is contact a team of professional IT service providers for guidance and support. Go with a reliable and trusted provider who’s willing to guide you through the entire process.
- Make smart investments in the solutions you need – Once you’ve discussed your options and thoughts with a professional consultant, have them support you as you make investment decisions. Remember to only work with a team of IT experts who is honest with you and sells you no more than what you need to optimise operations strategically.
- Commit to ongoing optimisation – The truth is, the modern workplace is forever evolving. New and strategic business technologies are constantly coming to market. The key is to keep a finger on the pulse of business IT trends. If you’re looking for support in staying up to date, it’s a great idea to establish a long-term partnership with a team of IT consultants.
Convinced? Ready to ditch your traditional IT systems and make the modern move? We can help!
Give us a call anytime at 1300 739 335, drop us a line at email@example.com, or visit our website at www.steadfastsolutions.com.au to chat with a live agent and book a modern workplace consultation.