IT Services For Construction Firm Across Australia
Success in the modern construction industry is all about how well your staff and crews can work together between multiple job sites and the office. An uninterrupted flow of information is vital for the progress of your projects – have you harnessed the 3 C’s of the construction world?
In modern business environments, collaboration is vital – every moving part in a business needs to stay connected and in sync to meet the expectations of clients.
It’s no secret; technology is the driving force behind effective collaboration for businesses, especially those in the construction industry. Digital has quickly replaced mechanical. In the last decade, the business world has noticed the change, which is all a part of what’s being called the “4th industrial revolution”. More and more processes are digitised, allowing data to become the primary driver in many areas – and that’s why technology for construction firms is so important.
Aligning your information technology solutions with your firm’s projects and plans will be transformational in terms of returns and success, helping to enhance:
- Coordination among job sites
- Communication between the main office and your crew at job sites
- Collaboration between all employees
Are You Struggling To Connect Your Sites And Employees?
Any construction firm, regardless of the size, will face many challenges. Whether it’s a strict deadline, harsh industry regulations or aggressive competition, the construction industry will always offer its share of difficulties.
Communication, coordination, and collaboration are still a significant concern in the construction industry with organisations lacking control of and collaboration on projects in real-time. It is still a costly time-wasting issue, especially when decisions have to be made quickly.
For example, we all know how frustrating change orders can be. They crop up at the worst of times, modifying the original scope of the work, the original contract amount and/or the completion date of your project.
No matter what you do, it’s impossible to avoid change orders totally. It’s the cost of doing the business you do. Instead of trying (and failing) to avoid them at all costs, the smart move is to learn how to optimise your firm’s ability to deal with them quickly.
How Can Your Firm Enhance The 3 C’s Of Construction?
- Become More Mobile: Mobile devices have made it easier and easier to get work done while on the go. Laptops, tablets, and smartphones are a simple way to share and review data, stay in touch with employees, and more while on the road. As you well know, a lot of your firm’s work is on the road and at job sites, after all. You don’t even necessarily need to invest in new hardware – implement Mobile Device Management and Bring Your Own Device policies that allow employees to use their own devices in combination with the organisation’s – be sure to equally prioritise the convenience of access with security.
- Harness The Cloud. You need to use the cloud for your construction firm’s work – the cloud is so saturated in the modern business world that, at this point, it’s obvious that you need to be making use of it. If you’re not already using the cloud for file sharing and storage, you’re way behind the times. But if you’re also failing to take advantage of the construction industry-specific features the cloud can deliver, then you’re missing out on a range of benefits:
- Empower Your Crew To Collaborate Efficiently: With cloud technology, your staff doesn’t have to wait for each other to be done with their part of the document or project to tackle their aspect. They can all work on the same project at the same time to maximise productivity.
- Scale Your Tech With Your Firm: Cloud services have the unique strategic characteristic of being able to stretch or shrink to suit your current level of demand. This is especially useful for firms of any scale that will change in size over time.
- Keep Your Job Sites Connected: The cloud allows you to connect and view job sites remotely from a single cloud platform. Depending on the scope of your firm and how far apart job sites are, this could save you hours every day in travel time, allowing you instead to check in on sites from the comfort of your office (or wherever else you have an Internet connection).
Modernising your firm and enhancing your “3 C’s” doesn’t have to be a massive restructuring of the way you do business. Step by step you can affect these changes, either by investing in and implementing these technologies on your own, or by consulting with Steadfast Solutions.
Like this article? Check out the following blogs to learn more:
What Every Company Needs from Melbourne IT Support
5 Ways Businesses Can Mitigate Cybersecurity Risk
Protecting Yourself from Leakware Attacks